Admission Procedure

DR. B. R. AMBEDKAR SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS UNIVERSITY, BENGALURU

ADMISSION NOTIFICATION 2022-23

Dr. B R. Ambedkar School of Economics University, Bengaluru invites applications for admissions to the below three programmes. All the programmes offered at the University are full-time, residential.

  • Five-year Integrated M.Sc. Economics programme as per NEP 2020 [75 seats for Indian candidates + 5 seats for PIO/ Foreign Nationals]
  • Two-year M.Sc. Economics [20 seats for Indian candidates + 5 seats for PIO/ Foreign Nationals]
  • Two-year M.Sc. Financial Economics [30 seats for Indian candidates + 5 seats for PIO/ Foreign Nationals]

ELIGIBILITY:

(i) Five-year Integrated M.Sc. Economics programme

  • Candidate should have completed 2nd PUC/ 12th Std./ Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages and Mathematics as a core subject and obtained a minimum of 65% marks in aggregate (60% for SC/ST category students).

(ii) Two-year M.Sc. Economics and two year M.Sc. Financial Economics programme

  • Candidates should have completed B.Sc. (Honours)/B. A (Honours) in Economics or B.Sc./ B.A in Economics with Mathematics and Statistics/Econometrics as major courses in the degree with minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST) in aggregate.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

  1. Candidates are required to fill in a Common University Entrance Test (CUET) 2022 online application form and appear for the test conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). For details on test schedules, syllabus and other information please visit www.nta.ac.in.  Admissions to the above-mentioned courses are based on performance in CUET 2022 and as per the eligibility criteria and reservation roster. Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in the CUET 2022.
  2. Selection process for the PIO/ Foreign National is based on the merit list of the performance in the respective qualifying examination.

Note:  Candidates willing to take admission in this University have to opt for this University one of the options as a preference in CUET application at NTA website and also have to apply separate application at www.base.ac.in

Application Fee: Rs.600/- for GM, OBC and Rs.300/- for SC/ST/ Persons with Disability

The application form may be filled online at  www.base.ac.in

* Start date for online application: 20-04-2022   * Last date for online application: 06.06.2022

NOTE:

  • 60% of seats are reserved for Karnataka domicile and  remaining 40% will be opened to the candidates across the country including Karnataka.
  • Reservation of seats for Karnataka category will be as per Government Of Karnataka norms.
  • Detailed reservation roster would be notified shortly. 

University brochure, Reservation Roster, Fee structure, Admission process, and further details may be accessed at: http://base.ac.in

* All dates are subject to change depending on Government regulations.

Important Note: Extension Notification for  Admissions 2022-23

  • Based on the earlier admission notification dated 18/04/2022, all the candidates applying for a 5-year integrated M.Sc. Economics, 2-year M.Sc. Economics, and 2-year M.Sc. Financial Economics at Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics University, Bengaluru are required to mandatorily fill in the application on the University website www.base.ac.in after applying for the CUET-NTA test. The deadline for registering on the University website is extended  06/06/2022 to 10/07/2022 till 20/08/2022 for those who have applied for CUET- NTA UG and PG entrance exams and chosen Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics University, Bengaluru as their preference.
  • Reservation roaster- Reservation Roster for 5-year I.M.Sc Economics, 2-year M.Sc Economics and 2-year M.Sc Economics for 2022-23
  • Click here for extension notification