- Ph.D. in Economics from Centre for Development Studies (affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru University), Thiruvananthapuram, 2021
- M.Phil. in Applied Economics from Centre for Development Studies (affiliated to Jawaharlal Nehru University), Thiruvananthapuram, 2015
- M.Sc. in Economics, 2009, University of Calcutta
- B.Sc. in Economics (Hons), 2007, University of Calcutta
- Research Assistant at Centre For Development Studies (CDS) under National Research Programme on Planation Development (NRPPD), 2019-2020
- Trainee Teaching Associate at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Kolkata, 2011-13
- Academic Associate at Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, 2010-11
- Project Assistant at Foundation for Agrarian Studies, Kolkata, 2010
- Development Economics
- Rural and Agricultural Development
- Productivity and Efficiency Analysis
Awards and Fellowships
- CDS Fellowship to visit University of Leuven (Campus KULAK), Belgium, under the mentorship of Prof. Laurens Cherchye (January – March, 2018)
- Visiting Scholar Fellowship at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) under the mentorship of Prof. Vijay Laxmi Pandey (January – March, 2017)
- Qualified National Eligibility Test in Economics conducted by University Grants Commission of India, 2012.
- ICSSR Institutional Fellowship for the PhD program at Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum
- CDS Institutional fellowship for MPhil from the Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram
- Chakravarty, Aritri. “Information Seeking by Agricultural Households in India: Determinants of Access and Choice of Sources.” CDS Working Paper No. 499 (Peer Reviewed), Trivandrum (2020).
- Seenatha, P., I. Devi, Aritri Chakravarty, and E. Shaji. “To conserve or to explore? farm-level strategies to manage groundwater.” Agricultural Economics Research Review 31, no. 347-2018-5149 (2018): 89-900.
- Chakravarty, Aritri, and Upasak Das. “Inclusiveness of Information Access in Agriculture—Evidence from India.” The Economies of China and India Cooperation and Conflict: Volume 3: Economic Growth, Employment and Inclusivity: The International Environment. (2017): 143-158.
- Agarwal, Manmohan, and Aritri Chakravarty. “Growth of the Manufacturing Sector Future Constraints.” The Economies of China and India Cooperation and Conflict: Volume 1: China and India: The International Context and Economic Growth, Manufacturing Performance and Rural Development. (2017): 303-324.
- Chakravarty, Aritri, Binod Kumar Behera, and Tirtha Chatterjee. “AGRICULTURAL FARM ACTS 2020.” Commentary on India’s Economy and Society Series 18, Centre for Development Studies (2020).
Conferences/Seminars and Workshops (Selected)
- Attended the 1st IGC Patna Summer School from 1st – 6th August 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “Drivers of Information Access and Variability Across Sources: A Multinomial Logit Analysis of Agricultural Households in India” at the 55th Annual Conference of The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) at NISM, Mumbai in January 2019.
- Presented a paper titled “Information Seeking by Agricultural Households in India: Determinants of Access and Choice of Sources” at UGC sponsored International Conference on Human Development and Delivery of Public Services in India in the Post Reform Period held during 14-15 February, 2019 at Department of Economics, University of Kalyani, West Bengal.
- Presented a paper titled “Information Seeking by Agricultural Households in India: Determinants of Access and Choice of Sources” at Centre for Development Studies on 7th December 2018.