Dr. Muhammed Shameer K
- Ph.D. in Economics from Hyderabad Central University
- Master of Arts (Economics) from Calicut University
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics) from Calicut University
Research Paper Publications :
- “Determinants of wage rate of inter-state migrant workers in Kerala”. Labour & Development, pp.121-145, Vol.24, No.2 December 2017.
- “The Political Budget Cycle: Evidence from Indian Municipal Corporation Elections”. South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, Sage Publications. (Under Review).
Conference Presentations :
- “Elections and Indian State Budgets: The Political Budget Cycle Hypothesis”, in Asia Pacific Productivity Conference 2022 organized by National Taiwan University and Taiwan Efficiency and Productivity Association held on October 8, 2022, Taiwan.
- “Political Budget Cycles in a Developing Economy: Empirical Evidence for Fourteen Major Indian State General Elections”, in Xiangjiang River Forum in Economics, Finance and Management for Young Scholars held on August 19-21, 2022, Changsha, China.
- “The Political Budget Cycles: Evidence from Indian Municipal Corporation Elections”,
- NIPFPIIPF International Conference on ‘Papers in Public Finance’ at National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi held from June 29-30, 2021 in collaboration with International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF), Germany.
- “Labour Market Dynamics and Wage Determinants of Inter-State Migrant Workers in Kerala”, International Seminar on ‘Contemporary Issues of Economic Policy in Developing Economies’, organized by Department of Economics in collaboration with MANUU CSE Residential Coaching Academy on March 22nd and 23rd at the CSE Academy, Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad.
- “Wage Determinants of inter-state migrant workers in Kerala”, National Seminar on ‘Puzzles of Kerala’s Development Experience’, organised by the Department of Economics, University of Calicut, Dr. John Matthai Centre, Trissur on 10th and 11th January 2017.
Workshops and Conferences participated :
- Participated in the three day workshop on “Applied Econometrics Using EVIEWS”, conducted by the Department of Economics in association with The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) at Farook College, Kozhikode, Kerala from February 1 to 3, 2018.
- Participated in the three day workshop on “Publishing Ethics and Research Methodology”, organized by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Central Library, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi from August 12th-14th, 2020.
- Participated in the Five Day Online Faculty Development Programme in Behavioural Economics, organized by the Department of Economics, St. Berchmans College, Kerala in collaboration with the Kerala State Higher Education Council on Aug 22-26, 2020.
- Participated in the national seminar on Displacement for Development: Lessons from Kerala, conducted by the Department of Economics, St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous), Devagiri College, Kozhikode, Kerala on 28 March 2016.
- Participated in the Three day National Seminar on “Development Experience of Kerala: Issues and way forward”, organized by PG department of Economics, Govt. College Malappuram, Sponsored by Directorate of College Education, Govt. of Kerala on 29th February, 1st and 2nd March 2016.