Dr. Pleasa Serin Abraham
- Ph.D. in Economics from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India, 2018
- M.Phil in Planning and Development from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India, 2010
- MA in Economics from University of Hyderabad, India, 2008
Areas of Interest: Environmental Economics, Micro Economics, Econometric Modelling
- Assistant Professor in Economics at School of Humanities and Social Sciences, Jain University, Bengaluru from October 2018 – December 2020
- Assistant Professor in Economics at Kristujayanti college, Bengaluru from June 2015 – January 2016.
- Teaching Assistant at Department of Humanities and Social Sciences IIT Bombay from July 2008 to July 2014 (Principles of Economics, Energy Economics, and Environmental Management)
- “Greening Offices: WTP for Green Certified Office Spaces in Bengaluru, India” Environment, Development and Sustainability (2018). //doi.org/10.1007/s10668-018-0265-1 [ Published jointly with Prof. Haripriya Gundimeda]
- “Greening the buildings- An Analysis of Barriers to adoption in India” Cities and the Environment (CATE) 10(1) 2018 http://digitalcommons.lmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1228&context=cate [ Published jointly with Prof. Haripriya Gundimeda]
- “Barriers to the Deployment of Low Carbon Technologies: Case Study of ArunTM 160 Solar Concentrator for Industrial Process Heat”. Low Carbon Economy, Vol.5 No.3,117-125, Scientific Research Publishing, ISSN Print: 2158-7000 ISSN Online: 2158-7019, doi:10.4236/lce.2014.53012 [ Published jointly with Prof. Haripriya Gundimeda]
- Abraham P & Gundimeda H (2016); Climate Policy: International Perspectives on Greenhouse Gases. Ionescu G (Eds.), Barriers to the Deployment of Low Carbon Technologies: Case Study of ArunTM 160 Solar Concentrator for Industrial Process Heat (Chapter 3:61-72) CRC Press (Taylor & Francis Group)
POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- Worked as ‘Project Research Scientist’ in the sponsored project “Implementation of 70 Lakh Solar Study Lamps in the States of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha (through EESL & IIT Bombay)” from November 9, 2017 to August 10, 2018.
- Worked as Research Associate in the sponsored project “Implementation of 70 Lakh Solar Study Lamps in the States of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha (through EESL & IIT Bombay)” from February 21 st to November 8, 2017 (after submission of PhD thesis on January 2017).
- Presented paper in the “Seminar on Climate Change and Markets: Opportunities, challenges, and Policy concerns” organized by Takshashila Academia of Economic Research (TAER) limited, Mumbai and Indian Society of Ecological Economics (INSEE) held in New Delhi on February 11,2011.
- Presented Research work at the “13th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR 2013) at the Department of Management Studies, I.I.Sc. Bangalore, held on November 15- 16 2013.
- Presented paper at INSEE Seventh Biennial Conference on, “Global Change, Ecosystems, Sustainability”, held at Tezpur University, Assam from December 5- 8, 2013.
- Presented paper at “National Seminar on Greening Indian Economy”, held at Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar from March 27 and 28, 2015.
- Presented paper at INSEE Eighth Biennial Conference on, “Urbanization and Environment” held at I.I.Sc, Bangalore from January 3– 6, 2016.
- Presented paper at National Conference on ‘Indian Economy Towards Inclusive Growth and Sustainable Development-Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges’ held Kristu Jayanti College, Bengaluru on 16 March, 2018.
- Presented paper at Humboldt Kolleg International Conference on “Adaptive Management of Ecosystems: The Knowledge Systems of Societies for Adaptation and Mitigation of Impacts of Climate Change” held at ISEC, Bangalore from 19th to 21st October 2011.
- Presented paper at 12th Biennial ISEE (International Society for Ecological Economics) Conference: “Ecological Economics and Rio+20: Contributions and Challenges for a Green Economy”, at Windsor Guanabara Hotel – Rio de Janeiro – Brazil, held from June 16-19, 2012.
- Presented paper at the 4th URBIO2014 conference of Urban Biodiversity and Design on “Cities and Water: Conservation, Restoration & Biodiversity” held during October 9-12, 2014 POSCO Global R & D Centre, Songdo, Incheon, South Korea.
- Presented paper at International Conference on “Climate Change- Impacts, Vulnerability and Adaptation” organized by Jain University held from 11-13 January 2020 at Ecumenical Christian Centre, Whitefield, Bengaluru.
WORKSHOPS/ ORIENTATION PROGRAMMES/ FDPs ATTENDED
- Participated in the ‘Summer School in Environment and Resource Economics’ to organized by SANDEE at Srinakharinwirot University, Bangkok from 7th – 23rd May, 2012.
- Participated in the Microsoft Summer School 2010 on “Computing for Socio Economic Development” held in I.I.Sc, Bangalore from 13th to 27th June 2010.
- Participated in the ‘Second International Student’s Workshop on Law and Economics’ at IGIDR Mumbai (Asia Link Project “Human Resource development in Law and Economics for India and Europe”, in June 2007.
- Participated in one-week life skills orientation programme held at Kristu Jayanti College, Bangalore, June 10-15 2015
- Participated in two-day FDP on “Applied Econometrics for Business and Finance” organized by School of Management, Presidency University, Bengaluru on 22nd and 23rd February, 2019