Faculty Positions open at University
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics, an Unitary University, Government of Karnataka, is a specialised teaching institution set up by the Government of Karnataka, for the study of Economics perspectives. Governed by an eminent board, the institute faculty makes notable contributions in rendering the students thorough with Economics, Econometrics, Socio Economics and Political Economics and Public Policy making. The Institute offers 5 years Integrated M.Sc. in Economics. For more details, kindly visit the Institute web site, www.base.ac.in
The Institute wishes to recruit Professors and Assistant Professors with specialization in: macroeconomics, international economics, energy/environment economics, finance, development economics, industry, agriculture, international trade, labour markets, econometrics and microeconomics.
Post : Professor of Economics
Positions available: 01
1. One should have a Ph.D., in Economics with specialization in Economic Theory/ Econometrics/ Development Economics as evidenced in transcript (Marks card) and research
2. A minimum of ten years teaching/ research/ professional experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in reputed Colleges/Universities or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution of comparable standard as on the date of application. The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of strong record of publications in reputed journals and refereed conferences, course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
Academic Level 14A (Rs.1,59,100 – Rs.2,20,200)
For Direct recruits, minimum pay in the Pay Matrix to be fixed at Rs.1,59,100/¬ p.m. with a basic pay mapped at Level 12 Cell No. 1 (INR 1,01,500) and a total gross salary of INR 1,21,744/- (excluding HRA) as per 07th Central Pay Commission.
Post: Assistant Professor
- Assistant Professor – Economics (01 number)
- Assistant Professor – Econometrics (01 number)
- Assistant Professor – Social Economics (01 number)
- Assistant Professor – Political Economics (01 number)
- Assistant Professor – English (01 number)
- Assistant Professor-Economics: One should have a Ph.D., in Economics with specialization in core Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Theory as evidenced in transcript (Marks card) and research
- Assistant Professor-Econometrics: One should have a Ph.D., in Economics and Quantitative Methods as evidenced in transcript (Marks card) and research
- Assistant Professor-Social Economics : One should have a Ph.D., in Social Economics as evidenced in transcript (Marks card) and research
- Assistant Professor-Political Economy : One should have a Ph.D., with specialization in Political Economy as evidenced in transcript (Marks card) and research
- Assistant Professor-English: PhD in English, with experience in conducting English laboratory sessions
- Candidates with at least three years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching experience, may be considered for appointment on a contractual basis with a basic pay mapped at Level 12 Cell No. 1 (INR 1,01,500) and a total gross salary of INR 1,21,744/- (excluding HRA) as per 07th Central Pay Commission.
- Candidates with less than three years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching experience may be considered for appointment on a contractual basis. At the entry level they may be placed with a basic pay mapped at Level 10 Cell No. 8 (INR 70,900/-) and a total gross salary of INR 87,472/-(excluding HRA) and shall move after 1 year to Level 11 Cell No. 3 (INR 73,100/-) and a total gross salary of INR 89,936/-(excluding HRA) as per 7th Central Pay Commission.
Post : Assistant Librarian
Positions available: 01
One should have a M.Lib., in Library Science/Information Science
- This is a rolling advertisement and interested applicants are encouraged to apply for positions throughout the year.
- The reservation policy as per Government of Karnataka rules will be applicable.
- The Institute provides accommodation on campus, subject to availability. HRA is payable in lieu of campus accommodation as per Institute norms.
- The Institute provides excellent perquisites, like:
(i) Group medical, group term insurance, PF etc, (Not applicable for position 3). (ii) A three-year block research grant of INR 4 Lakhs, plus an additional INR 1 Lakh for Assistant Professor with less than 3 years of experience.
- Mere fulfilment of the qualifications and experience requirement laid down does not entitle a candidate to be shortlisted.
- Candidates shortlisted for the seminars will be reimbursed apex air fare by economy class from the place of their residence and back by the shortest route (Applicable only for domestic).
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- Please apply through the online application form listed above.
Date: Updated on 24th April 2020