- PhD Economics, Indian Institute of Technology, Indore, India 2021
- M.Phil. Economics, University of Hyderabad, India 2016
- MA Economics, Aligarh Muslim University, India 2013
- Indian Financial System, Research Methodology
- General Areas of Interest: Economics of innovation and Technology Management, International Economics, Microeconomics
- Specific Areas of Interest: Innovation and IPR policy, Incentives of patent policy, Economic valuation of patents
- Danish, M. S., Ranjan, P., & Sharma, R. (2019). Valuation of patents in emerging economies: a renewal model-based study of Indian patents. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, 1-17 https://doi.org/10.1080/09537325.2019.1668552
- Danish, M. S., Ranjan, P., & Sharma, R. Determinants of patent survival in emerging economies: Evidence from residential patents in India. Journal of Public Affairs, e2211. https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2211
- Danish, M.S., Sharma, R., Dhanora, M. (2021). Impact of patent quality on firm performance: a case of pharmaceutical industry in India. International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management, 17 (7). https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219877020500546
- Danish, M. S., Haider, S., Dhanora, M., & Sharma, R. (2021). Modelling two-way relationship between innovation and internationalisation: does learning by export matter?. Transnational Corporations Review, 1-16.
- Haider, S., Danish, M. S., & Sharma, R. (2019). Assessing energy efficiency of Indian paper industry and influencing factors: A slack-based firm-level analysis. Energy Economics, 81, 454-464.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2019.04.027 Publisher: Elsevier; ABDC
- Dhanora, M., Danish, M. S., & Sharma, R. Technological innovations and firms’ productivity in new patent regime: Evidences from Indian pharmaceutical industry. Journal of Public Affairs, e2136. https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2136
- Adil, M. H., Danish, M. S., Bhat, S. A., & Kamaiah, B. (2020). Fisher Effect: An Empirical Re-examination in Case of India. Economics Bulletin, 40(1), 262-276. https://ideas.repec.org/a/ebl/ecbull/eb-19-00590.html
Work in Progress
- Danish M.S., Ranjan. P., and Sharma. R. (2021). Assessing the Impact of Patent Attributes on the Value of Discrete and Complex Innovations (Communicated)
- International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (World Scientific publishing house)
- Technology Analysis and Strategic Management (Tylor and Francis)
- Journal of Cleaner Production (Elsevier)
- Transnational corporation review (TNCR)
- Presented conference paper titled ‘Valuation of Indian Patents using Renewal Model’ in the Asia- Pacific Innovation Conference, held at Delhi School of Economics, Delhi, during 13-14 December 2018.
- Presented work-in progress titled ‘Estimate of patent value in India by patent characteristics and technology differences’ at 5th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference 2017, 17-20 December 2017, Indian Institute of Management, Indore.
- Paper presented titled “Revisiting Fisher Hypothesis: some evidence” at The Indian Econometrics Society Conference (TIES), IIM Kozhikode in January 2016.
- Attend the Training Programme on IP Valuation organised by CII on 4th & 5th July 2020
- Attended 5th IndiaLICS Training Program on ‘Innovation Systems & Sustainable Development’ from 14 to 19 September 2018 organized jointly by the Centre for Sustainability Innovations & Strategy (CSIS), LM Thapar School of Management, and the Centre for Development Economics & Innovation Studies (CDEIS), Punjabi University, Chandigarh.
- Participated and presented paper at the Second Asia-pacific Workshop on innovation, IP, and Competition organized by the centre for innovation, Intellectual Property and Competition (CIIPC) 5th to 10th February, 2018 at NLU Delhi.
- Presented Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) MHRD Govt of India, on ‘Intellectual Property Right and International Economic Development, 12-16 Dec 2016, IIT Indore.
- Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) MHRD Govt of India, on ‘Statistics in Systems Biology and Programming in R, 22- 27 August 2016, IIT Indore
- Participated in the Institute of New Economic Thinking (INET) workshop at Kolkata, Jadavpur University, July 2015.
SCHOLARSHIP / FELLOWSHIP
- Received fellowship as a Teaching Assistant (TA) at IIT Indore from MHRD, Government of India (from July 2015).
- Software Known- Stata and E-Views